I was recently hired to make cupcakes for a big Halloween party for the Make a Wish Foundation, and I wanted to give you guys a few easy Halloween cupcake decorating ideas for your own Halloween parties.
1. Bloody Knife Cupcakes
For these, I made classic red velvet cupcakes. Then, I made a raspberry compote to drizzle on top of the frosting. Then, I bought these little knife icing decorations from Michaels, in the Halloween section. Michaels.com
Madie's Raspberry Compote
(For Every one cup of water, add 1 and 1/2 cups of sugar)
You will need:
One cup of water
A Medium saucepan
1 and 1/2 cups of sugar
1/2 cup to 3/4 of a cup of raspberries, mashed
1 tablespoon of hot water
Directions For the compote:
1. In a medium saucepan, bring the 1 cup of water and sugar to a boil.
2. While it's boiling, mash your raspberries with about one tablespoon of hot or warm water
3. Strain the mashed raspberries into a bowl. You should have the "juice" in one bowl and the remaining mush in another.
4. Add the liquid raspberry "juice" to the boiling syrup first, and let it boil for about 5-7 minutes.
5. Then, after the mixture thickens, ad the rest of the raspberry "guts"
6. Let the mixture boil until the raspberry clumps are mostly disappeared.
7. Strain the mixture once more and then refrigerate overnight.
Then for these very Halloween themed spider cupcakes, I made some chocolate cupcake with regular buttercream. I plopped a little bit of white cotton candy on top that I ordered from Amazon.com. Then, I topped it with some little plastic spider decorations that I got from Spirit Halloween.
Hope you guys liked these two easy Halloween cupcake decorating ideas.